Today I have created a real quick and easy recipe you can whip up in no time, morning, afternoon or evening. The perfect cycling food to keep those legs pumping. I had a few very ripe bananas to use up and I also really felt like cookie. What better than mixing them with a few oats and yummy bits for a quick pre cycle energy bite or a guilt free snack to keep you going through the day. Here I give you my Oaty Banana Cookies. They are actually half way between a cookie/ flapjack style but still delicious. Enjoy!
125g Scottish Rolled Oats
100g Almond Flour
2 Medium Eggs
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Large Handful of Pitted Dates, Chopped
Large Handful of Sultanas
- In a heavy based saucepan melt the Coconut Oil then adding the chopped Dates and Sultanas. Allow to stew down for a few minutes.
- Add the Oats followed by the Almond Flour. Give a good stir and remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl mash the Bananas. Add into the Oaty mix and stir together.
- Next add the eggs and beat the mixture well until all combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and dollop teaspoon sized balls onto the tray. Lightly squash the centre down.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 150°